Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cetme .308 Project

Here we have a Century Arms Cetme rifle. This rifle was purchased as a project and like all the reviews on the net about Century Arms it's a crap shoot whither you get a good rifle or not. Well this one turned out to be a pretty good one. The factory finish wasn't that great, the but stock was cracked and the actions was so tight and dirty that it was almost impossible to work. I completely disassembled the gun and within the next 4 hours I was covered with grease, grime, and oil. The head space on the rifle checked out to be right in the middle of the tolerances so I was happy about that. These rifles from Century have been known to have false head space, as in they grind down the bolt just enough to show a correct head space. I then started the work of lapping the action. Now a person who doesn't lift weights all day can work the action. The trigger is a Two stage trigger that like the rest of the gun was dirty and felt like a 20lb pull. Cleaned the trigger pack up and polished it and now I think that I can live with the trigger pull. I have started the refinishing project on this rifle and when it is done it will have a custom camo finish. I've only put three rounds through it but it functioned beautifully. Once the gun is completed I'll post another picture and then this bad boy will be up for sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment