Wednesday, September 29, 2010

AR-15 in Overdrive

This is my personal AR-15 which has been an on going project. I'll start with the bottom end and work my way up. I started with the standard DPMS complete lower. I replaced the pistol grip with an ergo rubber grip, took the trigger assembly out smoothed and polished it so it breaks at a crisp 4 pounds. Upper receiver is DPMS as well, with a Bolt Carrier from Daniel Defense followed up by a tactical latch from Model 1. The Barrel, H-Bar, is 16 inches with a PRI compensator and the gas block is an A2 front sight cut down smooth so a person can use a scope. Handguard is from A.R.M.S. with removable rails. I threw a no name bi pod on just for looks. The scope that is mounted is a scope that I purchased for testing to see how well it holds up under use. I was tired of losing brass so I purchased a UTG brass catcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment